Join our Team
Current openings in the following territory - Great lakes
For More information contact Dave Pollock at 720-989-3188 or dave@RiptideScuba.net Updated March, 2019
IF YOU LOVE DIVING AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE YOUR PASSION INTO A CAREER. WE WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU.
We are always looking for people who share our passion for diving and looking for a unique job opportunity. Becoming a sales rep or a sub rep, is not an easy job and can be challenging. However if you love diving and enjoy selling it can also be very rewarding both financially and personally. If you feel you would like to learn more about this opportunity and what it takes to become a sales rep please contact me and I would be happy to talk to you. (Dave Pollock) Dave@riptidescuba.net / 720-989-3188
GETTING STARTED / MAKING THE DECISION
The dive industry has been and and still is a great place to work and build a career. Like any industry you need to pay you dues in time investment and knowledge. Below, we will try and inform you on the reality of the industry so you can make a decision that if a career in the dive industry is right for you. You are starting a new business, your own business and like in any market you need to understand the realities, limitations and advantages of your market. Ask yourself "What can you bring to the industry" and if you feel this is a direction you would like to pursue we would like to talk to you.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A SALES REP
* First, you need to be a self motivated person. You need to be able to get up every day and go to work with a plan.
* You need to be a good sales person / Credible, reliable, and the ability to overcome obstacles and rejection.
* You need to have a positive and honest attitude and be able to reflect that in your presentation.
* You need to have a passion for the industry and for what you are selling, and that reflection must come threw in the people you deal with.
FORMING YOUR OWN COMPANY
*You should look into starting up your own company. Look into the different government options for starting a corporation in your state.
* You must have a self motivated personality. One of the advantages of becoming a sales rep is that you manage your own time and one of the disadvantages is that you manage your own time.
* You will most likely work on a commission basis / usually paid 30 days after dealer payment.
* Travel is required meeting face to face with dive retailers and buyers . Usually plan on 2 - 3 weeks per month, some can be local day trips depending on your territory. Other longer road trips outside your state are required to meet with your dealer base normally every other month, depending on the season, they will take a week to 10 days on the road.
* Expenses are not usually paid therefor you must learn to manage your territory and expenses.
* Many people find they start their career as a sales rep with 2 jobs, many reps also teach as a dive instructor to help support their new business.
* Being a sales rep can be very rewarding. It all depends on your territory and your level of commitment to your business.
* Your potential for success is also based on the product lines you represent. Pioneering a new line is difficult without having a strong main line with sales history and monthly revenue.
* Just like any business you must understand how to best manage your time and financial resources.
* Some new lines will pay you only a few hundred dollars a month while a strong lines can pay on average a monthly income of $2,000. - $5,000 per month.
* Most companies today pay between 7% to 10% in commission.
* As a sales rep you will need to have multiple product lines or one large major product line
* Over time and with your commitment to your business plus the understanding you will gain and posses of your territory, will make you a valuable resource for any company.
If you are interested please contact me and I would be happy to talk to you about our industry and the realities of being a sales rep in the dive industry.
Dave Pollock 720-989-3188 / email@example.com